You may be an established dentist in a small town or a new dentist navigating the big city but there will come a time when you wonder how to get patients into your office. Just because you have a sign out front and get listed in the yellow pages, it doesn’t mean that patients are going to choose you. Dental marketing is the way to get the word out about your practice.
Many professionals can handle certain aspects of their dental marketing themselves but keeping up with new mediums and negotiating the best rates can be a challenge. If you don’t have more than three practices there really isn’t much of a justification for hiring a fill-time marketing director. But let’s face it. You are a dentist and your specialty is taking care of your patient’s dental needs. Hiring a dental marketing consultant, will ensure that your practice is communicating with current patients, actively bringing in new patients, and giving you back time to do more of the things you want.
Here are just a few advantages of working with a great dental marketing consultant:
- They will create a plan that fits your practice. The marketing needs of a group of dentists in downtown Los Angeles are different than the needs of a dentist in rural Alabama.
- They have knowledge on a variety of mediums. Just two decades ago, marketing consisted mainly of placing ads in publications and doing press releases. There are many more tools in a marketers toolbox today including search engine optimization, pay per click ads, online directories and a website. In addition to traditional methods like direct mail and radio.
- They understand how to use practice management software like Demandforce to get more information and promotions out to your current patients and ask for referrals for new patients.
- Great marketing consultants understand internal marketing needs and will help you discover weaknesses in your appointment setting and front desk appointment management. Most dental practices lose 100’s of new appointments a year because their staff is not efficient on the phone.
- Marketing consultants have a plan for your online media. You may have a personal Facebook page, have tried a PPC campaign, and maybe even sent out a tweet or two. Marketing a dental practice requires a strong online plan and consistency. How can you use online media to more effectively communicate your message?
For practices looking to increase their existing patient recall and bring in numerous new patients it’s time to think about contacting a dental marketing consultant. It’s important to find someone with a significant marketing background and dental marketing experience.
The perfect time to implement a successful marketing plan is now! People are more concerned about their teeth than ever and spend big bucks on cosmetic procedures. A great dental marketing consultant can get you started on a path to numerous new patients and higher revenues.