Testimonials can add credibility to your website as well as add a personal touch. A person looking at your website will be more likely to call for an appointment if they see the friendly smiles of satisfied patients. Testimonials need to be an integral part of your dental marketing strategy. They can immediately help establish the credibility of your practice. We have found that the last item people search before booking an appointment is testimonials.
Testimonials are beneficial for several reasons:
- They make you more personable. Patients often comment on how gentle and caring their dentist is. What they say can help reduce the fears new patients may have about meeting a new dental professional.
- They show your patients trust and value the service you provide. Patients who are willing to give a testimonial (and maybe even allow their picture to be placed on the website) are sincere about their comments. They are willing to share their experiences with others and truly like the dental team they see each visit.
- Testimonials add credibility. Positive reviews by patients give credibility to the dentist. Your reputation is at stake and a good testimonial shows new patients the respect returning patients have for your work.
- They add a personal touch to your page that keeps visitors interested. It’s a fact in dental marketing as well as other types of advertising, putting a person’s face or likeness on a page will encourage readers to learn more.
- It helps with SEO. This is actually a great caveat of having auto-post reviews. Google sees that fresh content is being updated which is a primary factor in SEO. Reviews are a great source for getting people to a website and Google will reward the traffic coming in.
Marketing your website can be difficult. Websites that use graphic and digital design can showcase important information about the dentist and their practice, but they can be impersonal. Using testimonials as a dental marketing tool not only adds a personal touch, it also shows potential patients that the dentist consistently has satisfied patients.
Personal testimonials give a potential new patient an insight into the dentist’s personality and an idea of what type of service they can expect. It establishes the fact that they’re well liked and respected by their peers as well as other patients.
The best use of testimonials is using practice management software like Demandforce or Lighthouse 360. Use their codes to integrate testimonials that auto update on your site. Make sure there is a link to request an appointment. The last step before people buy or book an appointment is reading reviews.
Using testimonials is just one way of reaching out to new patients. Effective use of this dental marketing tool can create a website that patients will return to when they have questions or are interested in a new technique or procedure. Updating testimonials often will help keep current patients intrigued about new options that are available to them.